Friday, January 8, 2010

Hungry Woman in Paris

Hungry Woman in Paris Hungry Woman in Paris by Josefina López


My rating: 1 of 5 stars
Too much sex, not enough substance.  Overall Josephina Lopez came across as a little whiny and not engaged enough in her own life to really make for interesting reading.  If I'd wanted to read mostly about sex I'd have read a romance novel and, undoubtedly, gotten better sex scenes.  Since I didn't, I'd have preferred much less sex and a lot more insight.  The central question of the book seems to be "why didn't the protagonist want to marry the apparently perfect man?"  She never answers it very satisfactorily, nor is her exploration of the question interesting enough to make the substance of the journey stand on its own even without an answer.  Don't waste your time.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment